Saturday 10 October 2009

University Blogging cont...

Had my second workshop on Thursday. Very good! I was a tad confused about which students were submitting work on which days. See, Tuesdays we have workshops with both full-time students and part-time students. Thursdays it's just for full-timers. Part-timers, plus one of the full-time students (to make up the numbers) were asked to submit their work on Wednesday.

I was under the impression that the full-timers didn't have to read and critique the part-timers' work, but we do. To add to that, the full-timers who have a workshop on Thursdays, have to submit their work on-line by lunchtime Friday, ready for the following week's Thursday workshop. I work Fridays, so had to get it in on Thursday evening at the latest. With me so far? No, I'm not surprised.

The worst bit is that I couldn't open quite a few of the docs that had been submitted, as they were in Docx format, apparently the latest in Word.

Anyway, I e-mailed to say I was having problems and some of the students have re-submitted to me in the 'old' Word doc format, but some haven't yet got back to me. I have to have six critiques ready for Tuesday morning. I work all day Monday, so that leaves, just Sunday. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like academic life is going to be enjoyable but tough: not only are you a full-time student, you are also working. But good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Helen. I surely will!

    ReplyDelete