Tuesday 5 May 2009

Countdown - Twitter Play - Four Days Left

I was thinking today about the image I had of Francine Harpur before I started writing her character. I didn't know her name before I got the gig, but knew the short character bio.

I had a picture in my mind, what she loked like, how she would 'speak' but it wasn't until I started writing her that her character evolved into something else. Of course, because she's responding to the other five characters, this has played a part in shaping her.

She felt posh, a bit removed from normal life (whatever normal is) but, compassionate, generous, materialistic, dotty, living in her big house in Islington, surrounded by all the trappings, by the world of Fragrance Design, by expensive bottles of champagne.

And, of course, she had to have conflict somewhere in her life, and the main source of conflict is Florrie (love that name - will call my new pup that when I get her).

The whole thing feels like a tragicomedy, and it'll be very interesting to see what comes out of it and what it's shaped into.

No comments:

Post a Comment